Friday, November 21, 2008

Conspire!

It is right around this time of year for the last couple of years that I start kicking myself. You see, even though I'm a tremendously disorganized (well, not reeaallly "disorganized"...maybe more like "overwhelmed by organization"), I like to get my Christmas shopping done early. So by this time of year, when the Advent Conspiracy rolls out, I'm almost done assembling my little pile of gifts, and already have a few wrapped.

NEXT year I'm going to do this in spades, but as I was adding myself to their mailing list I realized that maybe someone would want to be a Conspirator THIS YEAR! I think EVERYONE should do this. (My, I'm using a lot of caps today!) My sister and brother-in-law are making gifts and making Christmas more about what Christmas actually is about and less about what it isn't: Christmas should change people's lives...not be a big hassle, get us into more debt, or add to the junk in the back of one's closet (which none of MY gifts are, of course...at least I HOPE not!)

What got me fired up about it today? Check out this project. [Except my husband: Jason, I know how much you like surprises. I'm totally going to do this for you next year, so don't click on it. But you know how hard it is for me to keep a gift a secret, so if you do figure it out, PLEASE PLEASE tell me so that keeping a secret from you won't make me so twitchy...but don't look just so I won't be twitchy because you know me--I'm always a little weird about something and it might as well be trying to keep from telling you this fantastic idea for a gift Thank you for loving me so much] [Okay, everyone else: Not that you actually leave comments, but if you do, don't mention THE GIFT.] This is the kind of project that embodies the heart of the AC, and if you are a mom, you should do it.

If you aren't a mom, or even if you are, consider becoming a Conspirator...you can even take back my gift, if you want :-)

Just something to think about.

Love,
Me

2 comments:

Melissa said...

The one time that being organized and ahead-of-schedule works against you! Oh no. :)

Katie said...

So cool....thanks for sharing!