Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lenten Break

It is Ash Wednesday, and although I'm not Catholic, I've been observing Lent for the last few years. I think it is a great Christian discipline, and I think that there is a lot of good that can personally be gained from giving up things of the flesh for the 40 days before the celebration of our Lord's great victory over death and His resurrection.

So I was just going to give up sweets (just...did I mention that Lent comes right before my birthday this year?!?), but I've been thinking about it today and I'm going to give up blogging, too. I mean, for Lent to be about fasting from temporal pleasures it has to be hard, right? And good for you...I mean me. Not writing in my blog is going to be the easy part. The hard part is going to be not reading all of the fantastic blogs that I follow (except that I'm not going to give up Holy Experience because she's doing stuff about Lent...but really, folks, nothing else).

It's only 40 days...I'm sure I can do it. If you need your cute little boy fix, just e-mail me...I'm sure I'll have something to send you.

No comments: