Monday, April 7, 2008

I've fallen in Love!

It has been a busy but wonderful few weeks since I have last posted. Since then I have become an aunt (http://aclarkfam.blogspot.com/), slept for 6 hours at a time (oh, what a difference!), and the best thing...fallen in love with my son.

I hear that it is supposed to happen at first sight, and am probably a bad mother for admitting it, but it took a while (and a lot of prayer) for my little munchkin to climb into my heart to stay. It surprised me when while holding him late one night I realized that love had snuck up on me and that I would be willing to die for this little guy. It took a month, but it happened and when I finally fell, I fell hard, and it feels wonderful. Yeah, he still deafens with his screams when he's ticked off, and I mourn the loss of freedom and free time, but it doesn't seem to matter so much. I finally understand why women do this motherhood thing.

I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

No comments: